Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Representation

I've got a theatrical agent. Why is this awesome? Pilot season starts in Mid January. Without an agent, pilot season doesn't mean much. Only an agent can get you into the big auditions. If you are unrepresented, you only have access to 10% of the auditions out there. An agent has access to ALL of the auditions. 100% of the good stuff. That means that I will participate in pilot season 2014. Hell yes. How did I get an agent? I emailed him with my clips and I discussed my type. I also let him know what Casting Directors have been saying about me in workshops. The clips did it. He loved them. Says I'm made for film and television. I couldn't agree more! I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on pilot season. As for now, it's December in Hollywood which means that the industry has come to a standstill until Mid January. Excited to see what 2014 has in store for me!

1 comment:

  1. Craft of Acting, Blog Inquiry

    Hey Donald,

    Right off the bat, can I say your blog is very cool. It’s refreshing to hear about your experiences, with tangible notes imparted on your readers. Because of your insight as an actor, please excuse the unorthodox request.

    I am contacting you on behalf of Gregory Berger-Sobeck, graduate of Yale Drama School and award winning teacher and artistic director of Los Angeles based acting studio, Berg Studios. I wanted to reach out to see if you might be interested in holding a conversation with Gregory about the craft of acting, then blogging about it. It would be an excellent source of information, not only for yourself as an actor, but your readers.

    Again, please accept my apology for the unorthodox inquiry, but I believe this is an opportunity mutually beneficial to both our talents, you and your readers as actors, and Gregory as an acting teacher. Would love the opportunity to speak with you in further detail if you’re open to it. I can be reached via e-mail at contact@bergstudios.com.

    Very much looking forward to hearing from you.

    Sincerely,

    Dev Bajaj

    ReplyDelete